SCANNING SERVICES OF AMERICA
Through The Fulcrum International's Scanning Services of America, Inc. we provide cutting edge liDAR scanning and mapping consulting and management throughout the U.S.
3D scanning has come a long way in the past 15 years, and now has become much more affordable and easier to use for projects during studies, planning, design, construction, renovation, restoration and large scale environmental work. The technology has finally come to it’s sweet spot - lower price and ease of use. We work with government entities, private industry, engineers, contractors and scientists.
The applications are vast.
- Scan state and national parks to create accurate maps of trails, existing trees, transportation connections, and watersheds.
- Scan underwater wetlands to detect ecosystem changes.
- Create a 3-D image of a mining operations so that engineers can calculate mass.
- Scan the coastal areas prior to hurricane season to track erosion or create as-builts for FEMA and insurance purposes.
- Scan areas after a disaster to assist in recovery.
- Provide periodic scans of bridges or tunnels to detect minute changes or flaws that may indicate need for repair or maintenance.
- Map the entire footprint of an airport to be used in pavement, lighting, signage and drainage evaluations.
- Scan historic buildings prior to restoration to ensure that the building is put back together properly.
- Scan sinkholes to understand the dimensions of the hole and track progression.
SSA serves a variety of markets, but is best suited for large scale, complex assignments. Examples of our client base are below:
Large Scale Federally Supported Projects
- Department of Agriculture (DoA)
- Department of Defense (DoD)
- Department of Energy (DoE)
- Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
- Department of Transportation (DOT)
- Department of Veteran Affairs (VA)
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- Federal Emergency Management Administration (FEMA)
- General Services Administration (GSA)
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
- US Agency for International Development (USAID)
- US Coast Guard (USCG)
Large Infrastructure or Private Projects
- Transmission Lines - Electric, Gas, Fiber Optic
- Rail - High Speed, Light Rail, Freight
- Airports - Inside and Out
- Ground Transportation - Expressways, Highways, Bridges, Tunnels
- Coastal Mapping
- Ports & Marine
- Glaciers / Volcanos / Sinkholes (including Seismic Surveys)
- City Mapping
- Archeology and Cultural